Health & Safety Warnings
At dotmod we want our customers to enjoy our products while remaining healthy and safe. Although our products are designed for experienced users, we have compiled this list of basic vaping warnings and precautions. This is not a complete list of all the dangers of vaping. Customers should read all information included in their product purchases and ensure they are fully educated on the proper use, maintenance, and storage of any vaping products.
dotmod products are for advanced vapers who are over the age of 21 (or the legal smoking age in your area). Our products are not designed for beginners or those new to vaping. dotmod Inc. is not liable or responsible for any damages related to the use of our products.
GENERAL BATTERY SAFETY
- Lithium-ion batteries are volatile and may explode or burn if used with devices not approved by the battery manufacturer; or if charged, used, transported, stored or disposed of improperly.
- Only use batteries that have been approved by the battery manufacturer for use in vaping devices.
- Only use batteries that are the correct size and amp rating for your device.
- Do not charge batteries unless they are specifically labeled as “rechargeable”.
- Charging cables are added for convenience however we recommend using an external battery charger designed for the size and rating of batteries you are using.
- Always use a surge protector when charging batteries.
- Do not leave batteries unattended while charging, do not leave them charging overnight.
- Do not charge batteries or leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Do not mix new and used batteries or different battery brands.
- Do not leave batteries in your vaping device while not in use, unattended, or overnight.
- Keep batteries away from high heat, direct sunlight, cold temperatures, humidity, water, and metal.
- Never tamper with batteries.
- Inspect all batteries for wear or damage before each use. Do not use if worn or damaged.
- If you witness the battery starting to balloon, swell up, smoke, or become very hot; immediately disconnect the power to your home or office from the circuit breaker. If a circuit breaker is unavailable, disconnect from the outlet. Do not approach the battery for at least 2 hours and make sure that the room is well ventilated.
- Do not carry or store batteries in your pocket, purse, or anywhere else where they may become exposed to metals.
- Always have a fire extinguisher handy in an event of a fire.
- Do not throw batteries into a fire. Please recycle or dispose of according to local law.
- Keep batteries away from children and pets. Should a child/pet swallow or chew on a battery, immediately consult a physician and/or call your local poison control center.
- Failure to follow warnings may result in electric shock, fire, burns, property damage, or bodily injury.
GENERAL VAPING DEVICE SAFETY
- Do not use dotmod vaping devices if you are a beginning vaper.
- Do not use your new dotmod product if it appears to have been opened or damaged in transit.
- Do not use “BETA” or “TESTER” models of vaping devices
- Do not use your new dotmod product if it does not arrive with a certificate of authenticity or if you suspect your dotmod product is counterfeit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Read all instructions and safety information before using any vaping device.
- Do not install tanks on mechanical (non-regulated) mods, explosion may occur.
- Coil installation must be done carefully to ensure adequate spacing from the cap, deck, and center post. Improper coil installation may result in damage to your device, property damage, and/or injury.
- Do not use your vaping device if button becomes stuck or feels “crunchy”. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Only use batteries approved by the manufacturer for use in vaping devices.
- Always turn off your vaping apparatus in between uses.
- Keep your device away from high heat, direct sunlight, cold temperatures, humidity, water and metal.
- Do not carry or store your device in your pocket or purse, or anywhere it may be exposed to metal or unintentional pressing of the fire button.
- Keep all vaping materials away from children and pets.
- Failure to follow warnings may result in electric shock, fire, burns, property damage or bodily injury.